Gallagher Bassett is recognised as the ‘go to’ business partner in Third Party Administered claims management services.
- To foster long-term relationships with our customers by providing them with solutions that help them meet their goals.
- To support our people, allowing them to realise their full potential.
- To deliver to our owners a sustainable, profitable and growing company.
Our Values – The Gallagher Way
We care for our customers, our people, our owners, the community and their future. Our core values reflect our beliefs. They form our unique culture and are the ingredients that unite GB towards our purpose. The video below explores our company values, and how we live them every day.
The Gallagher Way was originally written in 1984 in a one page document by our former global chairman and CEO Robert E Gallagher. These are the shared values that bind us together globally and form the framework for ‘Leading with Integrity’, our global business standards.
Our core values are:
- We are a Sales and Marketing Company dedicated to providing excellence in Risk Management Services to our clients.
- We support one another. We believe in one another. We acknowledge and respect the ability of one another.
- We push for professional excellence.
- We can all improve and learn from one another.
- There are no second-class citizens – everyone is important and everyone’s job is important.
- We’re an open society.
- Empathy for the other person is not a weakness.
- Suspicion breeds more suspicion. To trust and be trusted is vital.
- Leaders need followers. How leaders treat followers has a direct impact on the effectiveness of the leader.
- Interpersonal business relationships should be built.
- We all need one another. We are all cogs in a wheel.
- No department or person is an island.
- Professional courtesy is expected.
- Never ask someone to do something you wouldn’t do yourself.
- I consider myself support for our Sales and Marketing. We can’t make things happen without each other. We are a team.
- Loyalty and respect are earned – not dictated.
- Fear is a turn-off.
- People skills are very important.
- We’re a very competitive and aggressive Company.
- We run to problems – not away from them.
- We adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical behavior.
- People work harder and are more effective when they’re turned on – not turned off.
- We are a warm, close Company. This is a strength – not a weakness.
- We must continue building a professional Company – together – as a team.
- Shared values can be altered with circumstances – but carefully and with tact and consideration for one another’s needs.